[atariparty] Sacramento IGDA "Indie Arcade Gaming Expo" in April - Atari Party invited!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jan 15 21:20:07 PST 2016

Happy New Year everyon!

Briana Aea, Marketing and Outreach Coordinator at International Game Developers
Association (IGDA) of Sacramento has invited me once again to hold a
'mini Atari Party' at their 3rd annual "Indie Arcade Gaming Expo" (info from
2015 is still up, but see: http://www.indiearcade.org/; and see also
http://www.igdasacramento.org/)

It will be Saturday, April 9th, from 10am - 5pm.  This year it'll be at the
West Sacramento Community Center (which I've heard good things about,
from Stephanie of SacGeeks, IIRC)

Here's the Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/154831911533717

Since they've got more room this year, I thought I'd see if one or two folks
out here would be interested in helping put the mini-party together with me?

Last year, I brought my 7800, 800XL, Lynx, and Jaguar (which died; but I've
got it fixed; though now the CD drive is acting up).  I think a collection
like that would be a good minimum to bring -- at the least, I'd love a hand
moving gear and staffing the table, but if you've got some Ataris (or other
old consoles/computers) you'd like to bring, that'd be cool, too!

Side note: It's January, so I'm starting to think about 2016's Atari
Party here in Davis.  I won't put any serious thought into it until at
least min-February, though.

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer