[atariparty] Mini Atari Party at Sac Indie Arcade again?!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jan 31 00:12:59 PST 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 10:00:04AM -0800, Andy O'Brien wrote:
> I want to come, but don't know if I'm going too. We have a lot of stuff
> going on in February, and even March is shaping up to be crazy, but will
> start checking the calendar.

Well, I'm thinking we're probably pretty well covered by
Marlin, Dan, and myself, and maybe one or two folks straggling
along (like I think both Marlin & Dan had last year?  Sorry for my
failing memory, guys!)

You can see some photos of the ~3 tables of Atari stuff we had
over on the Indie Arcade facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/SacramentoIndieArcade/photos/?tab=album&album_id=845755452213230

> Since this is an "Indie Dev" show, does that mean we should focus on newer
> titles like Atari Blast Party, Dungeon Hunt, (which I was thinking of
> bringing)  or whatever developed recently? Bill you gonna show off some of
> your homebrew?

Hah I haven't done any serious homebrew since 1997, and
that was one game. :^D

I bring a wide assortment of stuff, to give the whippersnappers
an idea of what it was like back then, as well as show them there's
a vibrant community of folks making sw & hw. :)

> For those of us who didn't go, how much space we talking?

Not a ton.  I haven't confirmed how much space we get this year,
but guessing it's about the same.

We had round tables, and set up this assortment of gear:

  5200
  7800
  Jaguar
  2 XL computers
  5 Lynxes

(So 5 things needing external displays (CRT or LCD))

> Another option is I could mail you my copy of Dungeon Hunt to demo at the
> show. You'll need a 810/1050 & I think an 64k XL/XE to load it.

I don't usually bring my 1050 to shows. :)  And don't want to
risk ruining your disk.  (Though tempted!  "Behold! How we loaded
crap of disk 30 years ago!!!" ;) )

-bill!