[HECnet] Re: Hecnet addition

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Thu Aug 21 19:56:23 PDT 2008

From: gerry77 at mail.com

Also, name lookups can take time, and meanwhile the bridge is stopped.
If someone have a seriously bad setup dns, this could means hanging the
bridge for half a minute per such host (or more). It also increases the

Honestly I think we have overlooked that issue and never really considered it,
maybe because we never stumbled upon it. I wonder if it would be possible to
specify a very short timeout for DNS lookups while performed by the bridge...

... or spin off a thread and do the lookup there (the Right Way :-).

John Wilson
D Bit