[HECnet] Downtime next week

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Aug 19 02:04:41 PDT 2009

Guys,

I will most likely be experiencing some downtime next week due to an upcoming house move, probably Thursday - Saturday.

This will mean that:

	- GORVAX will be down, so anyone routing MULTINET through it will be down as well
	- CHIMPY will be down
	- The IP addresses used for GORVAX's MULTINET and my bridge to Johnny MIGHT change - the ISP has not confirmed or denied this.

However, on the plus side, the new apartment will have dual 20 down/2.5 up DSL links with a load balancing router.

In addition to this, I have had a 47U rack* installed into a spare room so I will be able to bring some additional hardware online, including:

	- CHIMP. AlphaServer 4100, 2 CPUs with 2 GB of RAM and about 120 GBs of disk
	- RHESUS. Itanium rx2600 with   dual 900 MHz CPUs and 8 GBs of RAM, 300 GB or so of disk.
	- MKYVAX. VAXstation 90A, not sure about the config got it off ebay and haven't had time to fire it up
	- A DECserver 200 with various toys attached including some Amigas and old CBM machines.

Accounts will be available on all of the above to anyone interested.

Sampsa

* I had this installed (along with 30+ cat6 points around the flat) in to a flat in Zone 2 of Central London. My builders think I am insane and/or a mad scientist of some kind.