[HECnet] What use are *you* making of HECnet?

Fred fcoffey at misernet.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 24 15:16:07 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 14:59 -0800, Zane H. Healy wrote:

You can thank the American Banking system for MONK:: being down.   We're
waiting on an answer about the house we have an offer in on (basically every
house for sale around here requires bank approval since they can't sell the
houses for what is owed on them).   In the mean time MONK and PDXVAX are down
since we're still "homeless" (staying with relatives).   Once we have a   place
of our own again getting MONK and PDXVAX up again will be one of my top
priorities.   When we decided to buy a house after being made homeless by the
[cut]

Hi Zane (and I'm replying to the list intentionally)

This was not a personal attack on you in any way - I remember the message you sent about MONK:: and PDXVAX:: being down after we had successfully been able for MISER:: to connect OK and I totally understand - being "under" employed at the moment myself and the subject of the economy and greedy CEO/banker types (which is a subject best left off the list, ha).

Just wanted to make sure I threw that out there. :)

down).   On another one, the bank sold the house to another bank for $60,000 more than the asking price (WTF!).   Needless to say, the last six months

If you'd like to contact me off list, I was speaking with some associates of mine that informed me of some really heinous things going on in the banking system that the general public in the USA really aren't aware of ... I couldn't believe it ...

Fred

----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.