[HECnet] Zaphod down for a few days

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Thu Jul 2 04:09:17 PDT 2009

Erik Soderholm) provided me with source code that does pretty much
exactly what I want (well listens to a <protname>% thing from mail and
does something with it).

  Glad to hear you got what you need.   Maybe I shouldn't mention it right
now, but this is only half the job.   This part will handle the outgoing
(MAIL-11 -> FIDOnet) part, but you'll also need to write another program
that runs as a detached system process ("daemon" to you Un*x guys) that
listens for incoming FIDOnet mail and then dumps it into MAIL-11 (presumably
using the MAIL$ API routines).   It's not really hard, but it's another piece
that you'll need.

  What (or rather who) is still on FIDOnet these days?

Bob