[HECnet] Zaphod down for a few days

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Thu Jul 2 03:57:25 PDT 2009

To start off with, if you don't have time to help me with this, I
totally understand and will stop bothering you.

  It's OK - you're not bothering me.   I have to admit that, although I have
used the MAIL$ API on occasion, I never actually did this before (wrote a
MAIL-11 foreign transport protocol).   FWIW, the CMU TCP/IP implementation
for VMS came with source code and I'm pretty sure it had an SMTP mail
gateway.   You might look for that.

  But I see from a recent posting that you've already got what you need.
Sounds like you're all set.

Bob