[HECnet] ROOSTA routing problem

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Dec 26 07:38:28 PST 2011

if there is an issue with the node database it's my fault.

  Well, your node name database appears to be out of date (copy the new one
from MIM), but that's just a peripheral issue.   It doesn't bother anyone but
you, so if you don't care then don't worry about it.

If there is no harm in having 2 Area Routers I strongly recommend Chrissie
has one too as for the moment I can't rely on STAR69:: being up 100% of the
time.

  The main point is that ROOSTA can't use area 6 unless it's connected (via
Multinet presumably) to STAR69.   Whether ROOSTA is an area router or not
doesn't change this.   You and Chrissie will need to work that out.

It doesn't auto-restart after a power outage and also the VAX emulator is
hand booted
so even if I remember to turn it on I might forget to VAX-boot. Similarly,
although my
LINUX box (HP Microserver) is self-rebooting the bridge is also hand
initialised.

  I have a shell and simh script to start up LEGATO, although at the moment
it's not automatic if the host Linux box reboots.   I'd be glad to share the
scripts, although they're trivial and probably would need to be modified for
your use anyway.

  Actually what I'd really like is to have my Linux box automatically start
the simh on an alternate console window.   Any Upstart experts out there??

Again, I'm sorry if me dicking about caused any issues, but I'm having fun
over here :D

  I don't think you caused any problems, but you've got to help fix this one
:-)

  Keep having fun.

Bob