[HECnet] GRE tunnel working!

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 29 03:08:07 PDT 2012

On 04/28/2012 09:57 PM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
I have three cisco boxes for my DECnet and would be happy to do a
GRE tunnel..
    Peter!   It's great to see you in this gang.   It has been a long time;
I hope you're doing well.   Drop me a note sometime and let me know
what's been going on over there.

    If you and Brian and I set up three tunnels between us, will IOS do
spanning tree between them?

No, because they aren't switched ports.

  It certainly comes into play when bridging, say when bridging across GRE.

DECnet, however, should do the right thing assuming we get our DECnet
costs setup correctly.

  Ahh, that makes sense.   DECnet over a WAN is a new thing for me.   Fun
stuff!