DECnet/DOS, was Re: [HECnet] DECnet and Windows NT?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Dec 21 16:37:00 PST 2012

On 2012-12-21 19:37, Cory Smelosky wrote:

On 21 Dec 2012, at 20:34, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net
<mailto:b4 at gewt.net>> wrote:

I intend to keep my NT systems (or at least 1 of them) on HECnet at
all times, as a part of my "NT 4 will run forever" experiment.

Does the NT PATHWORKS actually offer any services? Or is it client only?

Seems to be client only. :(

I wonder if I could throw up an interface to PATHWORKS' NCP on
http://winnt.dev.gimme-sympathy.org/

?
I have both FAL and NML (NICE server) running on my XP box, and it works just fine to access files from my remote RSX systems.

.ncp tell wxp sho exec cha

Node characteristics as of 22-DEC-12 01:36:02

Remote node = 1.20 (WXP)

    Parameter #1902 = 7.4.112
    State = On, Identification = DECnet-V5.2
    Management version = 4.2.0, Incoming timer = 45
    Outgoing timer = 60, Confidence timer = 15
    Active links = 0, NSP version = 4.1.0
    Maximum links = 64, Delay factor = 48
    Delay weight = 2, Inactivity timer = 30
    Retransmit factor = 6, Routing version = 2.0.0
    Type = Endnode IV, Buffer size = 1484
    Segment buffer size = 576
    Parameter #934 =
    Parameter #935 =
    Parameter #1920 = C:\PW32\
    Parameter #1921 = 6
    Parameter #1922 = 6
    Parameter #1934 = 0
    Parameter #1950 = 5
    Parameter #1951 = Auto
    Parameter #1952 = IOCB segment, NETBIOS xonxoff
    Parameter #1953 = 60
    Parameter #1954 = 5
    Parameter #1955 = 1

.