SV: RE: [HECnet] Hecnet and DDCMP

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Jan 2 02:15:34 PST 2012

The biggest issue I don't understand here is why.
If you tunnel a serial port, you tunnel a serial port. DDCMP is totally invisible to you.

You will not learn, or need to understand anything about DDCMP for this. A serial port sends bytes. You pass those bytes one. Everyone is happy.

What kind of protocol is implemented, using those bytes, are very invisible and irrelevant to the tunnel, just as it is to a cable.

You might as well tunnel SLIP, or PPP. It will work just the same.
They are all just implementing a network layer on top of a serial connection.

What are you really trying to accomplish?

	Johnny