OT: IP over HF packet, was Re: [HECnet] Area 19

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Nov 1 13:12:51 PDT 2012

On 1 Nov 2012, at 16:07, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

On 10/31/2012 01:40 PM, Steve Davidson wrote:
I'm actually working on Packet over Radio (HF and VHF) since this
wonderful storm.   My cell phone was used as a hotspot while I waited for
the landline to return.   I have my own Ham domain and an IP address in
the 44 block.   All I need now is a dedicated VHF (or HF) rig to make
this permanent.

I've been out of ham radio since...well, the last time I was licensed,
the Kantronix KPC-2 was a current product. ;)   Who is handling
allocations out of net 44 nowadays?

Want to do some testing, when things calm down?   I can do HF or VHF.
(or microwave, given some time...I have a strong interest there, and
lots of gear)

I don't do any ham stuff   but I could probably get interested in HECnet over HF packet.   I'd need licensed, gear, and knowledge though. ;)