OT: IP over HF packet, was Re: [HECnet] Area 19

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Nov 1 13:07:12 PDT 2012

On 10/31/2012 01:40 PM, Steve Davidson wrote:
I'm actually working on Packet over Radio (HF and VHF) since this
wonderful storm.   My cell phone was used as a hotspot while I waited for
the landline to return.   I have my own Ham domain and an IP address in
the 44 block.   All I need now is a dedicated VHF (or HF) rig to make
this permanent.

  I've been out of ham radio since...well, the last time I was licensed,
the Kantronix KPC-2 was a current product. ;)   Who is handling
allocations out of net 44 nowadays?

  Want to do some testing, when things calm down?   I can do HF or VHF.
(or microwave, given some time...I have a strong interest there, and
lots of gear)