[HECnet] Area 19

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Fri Nov 2 00:53:38 PDT 2012

From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>

On 10/31/2012 03:34 PM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
I thought encryption and commercial messages were strictly verboten
on HAM stuff.

They are.   So let's not encrypt stuff.   And how much commercial data
flows across HECnet? ;)

I'd be much more concerned about the rules on swearing!   I'd violate that
in a more or less continuous stream if I didn't know what I was typing was
going over the air...

This is a wonderfully bad idea -- I love it.   Somewhere I have an old
DUP11 that I picked up 20+ years ago with the idea of using it for packet.
The AX.25 spec and a kit-built Flesher TU1200 are around here somewhere too ...
I really wish I'd moved on that project back when there would have been people
to talk to!   (TNCs came along about ten seconds after I lost interest, natch -
all the name "Kantronics" means to me is the Rockhound!)

John Wilson, KC1P
D Bit