rebuild RSTS/E monitor, was Re: [HECnet] RSTS/E 10.1 and OpenVMS via DECnet

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Mon Oct 29 13:09:21 PDT 2012

El 29/10/2012, a les 21:04, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> va escriure:

TCPIP access does not mean you will have DECNET access. There is that MAC Address change issue. That is what prevented my setup to work in the first place, so I had to go the VM way

Yeah, doesn't give an error now, but it also just doesn't work, so i'm thinking the changing of the MAC is the issue now. Perhaps I could manually specify a DECnet mac address in the klh10 config? Probably just easier to spin up another VM or add another tap interface though.

Just for reference, my config line for the ethernet support is:

; Set Ethernet address
devdef ni0 564 ni20 ifc=eth1 dedic=1 decnet=1

IIRC the decnet=1 is not necessary for a dedicated card, but I won't touch it now it works :-P

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOV::JGUILLAUMES