[HECnet] Leaving HECnet

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Thu Oct 25 20:52:30 PDT 2012

Can you explain a little more about the randomization of the source port
number? I might be being stupid here, but I don't see what problem that
would cause, the bridge runs over UDP. Or are you talking about some other
way of tunnelling DECnet over IP?
I'm not using the bridge program. I'm using MultiNet's DECnet-over-IP circuit. It sends packets to the remote system over UDP on port 700. The problem is that its source port is also 700. My firewall randomizes the source port for security reasons and is not configurable in that regard. When the destination system receives packets from my network, it drops them because they don't have the right source port.

--Marc