[HECnet] More cluster weirdness

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Nov 18 22:17:43 PST 2013

On Tue, 19 Nov 2013, Mark Wickens wrote:

Hi Cory

I've seen this behaviour from various VAXen including later 4000 models. I now
have everything connected to a DECserver 90M with reverse-LAT so, from the
computers point of view, there is always a console cable connected.

I don't have a spare terminal server to toss at it so I'm trying to think
of my options.   I suppose I could just flip the "disable break" switch."

I suspect what is happening is that the computer is treating the cable
disconnect as a 'break' which then will drop it to the console prompt.

That makes sense.   I can test that tomorrow by flipping the "break enable"
switch.   Don't feel like heading downstairs to boot the MVII right now.

I do want to eventually swap the KA630 for a KA650/KA655/KA660 though.

Regards, Mark.

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff