[HECnet] VAXBI transition header needed

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Mon Nov 18 20:29:55 PST 2013

   Would anybody have a VAXBI transition header that they could spare?   I need a second one to install a KDB50 in my 8350.     This is the little plastic connector that screws onto the BI backplane and allows ribbon cables to be connected.

  The KDB50 actually needs two transition headers (it has two boards).   One has the SDI cables attached     that one I actually have, believe it or not, but then there   s also a second header needed for the second board.   This second one just has four headers that connect to four tiny ribbon cables that connect to the header for the first board.

   I   d guess that this second header is the same as the ones used on the DMB32 and other BI options, but I can   t say for sure.

   If anybody can spare one, the 8350 will love you forever J

Thanks,
Bob Armstrong