[HECnet] VT-62?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Oct 2 22:18:54 PDT 2013

On 10/02/2013 05:17 PM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Emacs builds on most everything, and is packaged for most (all?) Linux
distributions.

Quite often I'm on a client server which won't let me install anything
outside the formal spec, never mind compile it. Usually the servers
don't even HAVE a C compiler installed.

So then it's traumatizing trip back to vi-land..

  Ick.

  I mean, not vi, I use it from time to time...no sense in starting up
all of emacs when I need to edit /etc/resolv.conf, for example...but
still.   If I don't get ACCESS to a system, I won't work on it, period.