[HECnet] VT-62?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sat Sep 28 10:26:44 PDT 2013

On 28 Sep 2013, at 11:23, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

I've never seen or heard of anyone using it. I think it was available a very short time on the market.
It is mentioned in one of the processor handbooks that covers the 11/70, but basically no other DEC documentation even mentions it.

Shame and a bit weird - why would DEC build a block-mode terminal for an application platform and then not sell / distribute the platform?

Also, does anyone know where we might get specs on the VT62's block-mode data stream? Might be amusing to write a VT62<->IBM 3270 translator :)

sampsa