[HECnet] Humour value alternative to DCL - a port OS/390 ISPF to VMS :)

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Sep 30 11:38:20 PDT 2013

On 30 Sep 2013, at 11:32, Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> wrote:
There isn't actually a license for ALL-IN-1 in the hobbyist packs. What you're seeing is license for clients rather than the application itself.

Oh bummer, I'd love an office suite on my VAXcluster :)

As for the mail integration, I could live with just Mail-11, CHIMPY is an SMTP gateway anyhow..

Oh yeah, in case people didn't know, CHIMPY:: will gate mail between HECnet and SMTP.

To send mail out, address it to CHIMPY::"foo at example.com"

Your incoming address will be "hostname::user"@chimpymail.com - some email clients don't like the double quotes though, but I think this will keep inbound spam near 0. The gate has been running for years and I've not seen anything :)