[HECnet] Hooking up DECUSERVE / EISNER to HECnet?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Thu Sep 26 15:14:38 PDT 2013

Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> writes:

On 2013-09-26 14:16, Sampsa Laine wrote:

While I did have an account on Deathrow, I was not all that familiar with
the users thereof.

The encourage security research, it attracts a certain type of person that I don't want on my LAN (trust me, I used to be a penetration tester :) )

The problem is that if you want to be paranoid, then you should not be
connected to HECnet at all.

DECnet is a very bad protocol when it comes to network security.

It's not any worse than TCP/IP.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG