[HECnet] Decent OS X terminal that'll let me keys?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Jan 6 02:22:12 PST 2014

On 6 Jan 2014, at 00:05, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <system at TMESIS.COM> wrote:

Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> writes:

Yeah, thinking of going that route, even though Xterm does look like =
crap and isn't really well integrated into the rest of OS X.

As a bonus, I'll get Erik's SIXEL support too..

What are you going to use it with?

I was actually just looking to get access to the editing + numeric keypad, which it turns out that both Terminal.app + iTerm have built in. So I'm just gonna stick with those - I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I _STILL_ haven't found anything so buggy as to be memorable in 5+ years of using Terminal.app.

It'd be nice if it did SIXEL graphics, though, but again, I use those maybe once a year.

If VMS, you can't beat "$ CREATE/TERMINAL" if what you're seeking is DEC
terminal emulation.
With create/terminal you get into the fun of multiple clipboards again.

You need to setup a font server or copy the DEC fonts
to your MAc, create the font library and setup the path.

A simple, sane, user-friendly solution in the traditional Unix tradition :)