[HECnet] XXDP 2.5 on 11/23+

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri May 30 00:47:06 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-30 01:42, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:
I can't define remote nodes under RSX though. Which means copying
doesn't work.
Huh? What do you mean by can't define?
I can't SET NODE <number> NAME <name>.   It gives some sort of
syntax/invalid definition error. I tried various variations and followed
the HELP exactly.

It should work. Do you know if the name service is running?
There should be a task called NT.NNS running on the system. If that is not running, then I suspect you might have problems with nodenames.

Yeah.   That's not running.   Not enough memory.   Now that I know what it's called I might be able to manually INSert it, though.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects