[HECnet] RSX-11 setback

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue May 20 21:43:47 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-20 19:52, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Tue, 20 May 2014, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:

On May 20, 2014, at 1:47 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

Well, I'm just not having ANY luck with this...

SYSTEM CRASH AT LOCATION 014402

REGISTERS

R0=000002 R1=120550 R2=000000 R3=120546

R4=120744 R5=031610 SP=117772 PS=020010
I seem to be TERRIBLE and SYSGEN.

Maybe you just have a bad drive, and RSX is unhappy just as RSTS was.

That is possible.   Although it was after the GEN finished.

The fact that you managed to boot the baseline system and run a sysgen suggests that things are running pretty well...

Also possible the file I should've BOOted was named after the name I
gave the system.

No, the output file is RSX11M.SYS, which should have booted ok unless you actually configured it for hardware you do not have...