[HECnet] VMS question

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Aug 10 06:33:35 PDT 2015

On 2015-08-10 15:26, Hans Vlems wrote:
> You might want to have a l‎ook at the size of accountng.dat (9 characters for the filename ;). It's in sys$manager or sys$system.
> If that is too big try $set acc‎/ new and move the old version off sys$sysdevice:.

It's in SYS$MANAGER. At 25000 blocks (roughly) it is larger than I would
expect, but it's not enourmous.

> Next have a look at the ‎*.dmp files, if you have decservers.

No DECservers are booting from VMS here. RSX responds before VMS blinks.
But SYS$SYSTEM:SYSDUMP.DMP was impressively large... I wonder if I can
remove that.

$ dir sys$system:*.dmp/siz

Directory SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSEXE]

ERRORLOG.DMP;1          2049