[HECnet] SC-40

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Fri Feb 13 19:16:12 PST 2015

Grounding issue sorted. Trying diagnostics.

Booting compuserve monitor complains about file not found. Could be on a disk I don't have.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 13, 2015, at 01:37, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:

On Feb 12, 2015, at 12:41 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

Start with just 7 bits no parity. Try both one and two stop bits. Then move on from there.

7 bits no parity is something I   ve never seen.   I would start with 8 bits no parity, one stop bit unless it   s 110 bps.   7 bits with parity, that does come up on a few occasions.   But while I   ve seen 8 and 5 and even 6 bit serial comms used, I can   t think of any 7 bits in the wild.

Looking like it's some grounding issue somewhere.   Waiting until someone with better eyes had physical access and can trace it out...due to no schematics unless Peter has some.

    paul

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff