[HECnet] Vaxstation 4000-60 dead...

Jarratt RMA robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 22 13:02:41 PDT 2015

My experience with mains filtering capacitors is on the MicroVAX II, which is
somewhat older, but in that case a failure of one of these capacitors causes
smoke and smell, but doesn't stop the PSU working. I don't know if a more modern
PSU would stop working if one of these capacitors failed, but I think you would
know that it had failed.

Regards

Rob