[HECnet] DECnet over IP

Joe Ferraro jferraro at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:56:59 PST 2016

I was using eliptical-curve on my VAX ...

nah... just kidding... sticking with telnet here so you guys can sniff the
traffic over the bridge... and I can enjoy the VAX. Otherwise, I'm not
worried about the internet - there've been move vulnerabilities in SSH
lately than telnet (except for the HUGE SUN/Solaris one a few years ago) -
granted, I think those were x86 specific ?!?! In any case an ssh-attach
against a VAX would be boring (waiting for handshake). I'd rather think an
attacker would try to DoS / overwhelm the VAX with a few hundred ssh
connects.

Agreed, AXP / IA64... ssh seems suitable.

Off topic - does anyone have VAX cd's laying around online?  Looking for
MMS to compile `wget`.

Joe