[HECnet] HECnet mail gateway...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Apr 14 04:27:42 PDT 2017

On 2017-04-14 08:37, Mark Abene wrote:
> It does indeed work to my VAX/VMS system, sending to
> "enkidu::phiber"@mim.update.uu.se <http://mim.update.uu.se> from gmail.

Good.

> Something odd with my TOPS-20 mail setup on GLGMSH, it assumes ALL mail
> is Internet mail, and doesn't seem to know what to do with a DECnet
> style mail address. That's a separate issue, not related to your mail
> gateway.

Yeah. So you could not even send to just MIM::BQT from GLGMSH?

> By the way, if I try to run MAIL on MIM at the moment, it gives me an error:
> $ mail
> Sorry, no mail reader yet.
>
> It used to work just fine...

Yeah. It defaulted to send, since there is no mail reader. Which I
decided was wrong. Try the command "SEND" instead, which does just the
mail sending.

(It can also take two arguments: 1) A short text, and 2) an address, at
which point it will just immediately send that short text.)

	Johnny