[HECnet] Public Services over DECnet

Tim Stark fsword007 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 08:43:19 PST 2018

Dan,

Well, psuvax1 was available to BITNET during my college life (1984 to 1990).  I mean that MUD server was on PSUVMS, not PSUVAX1.  I tried to remember which BITNET node.

I do not know what happens to UREP software yet.  I was looking for that but can’t find so far…  There is only open-source RSCS emulator (FunetNJE) available on funnet’s ftp site.

Also I found open-source HUJINET for VMS is available on that ftp site.

I successfully installed JNet 3.6 and TCPNJE 1.2 on my SIMH emulator.  Since I do not have JNet manuals, I figured out how to install and configure.  I have to write installation guide in progress.

I am now able send messages and files.  I learned that JNet supports DECnet links for sending files to specific persons.

Does anyone have copy of JNet manuals include programming guide?

Tim