[HECnet] DECnet broken with 4.4.0-151 kernel

Ross Sponholtz rsponholtz at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 28 08:37:17 PDT 2019

The main problem is that most micro-USB cards are really slow..

I'd say use a raspberry pi with a USB disk or SSD attached as the root disk.  I've done that for a couple of simh vax emulators that I've set up, and I get quite reasonable performance - certainly better than in my physical Vaxstation VLCs.  Anyway, what better does that RPi have to do for the whole day?

BTW, You probably should use a raspberry pi with a heatsink or fan on the CPU if it's going to be compiling all day!

Cheers,
Ross