[HECnet] KLH10 noob questions

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Sun Mar 10 08:23:50 PDT 2019

On 3/10/19 10:40 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> As far as I am aware, it was never supported to have more than one
> NIA-20 on a KL10.
>
> Also, since I think that TOPS-20 is endnode only, I suspect it would be
> of limited use, had it even been supported.
> (Yes, you could have had a second interface for just fallback, in case
> the first one broke, but it was rare that you would have two separate
> ethernets in the first place, so then it would only be if the NIA-20
> itself broke, but then you'd probably want to power down the machine
> anyhow.)

Very likely true. The original KL10 doc clearly says only one NIC is
supported. I just try my best to keep my DECnet and IP subnets isolated
if I can; two NICs help.

> I know of KLH10s, but I don't know if any have a guest account.
> Although, I'm not sure what you think you would see from inside TOPS-20.

Never seen or logged into a TOP-20 system ... as you say below, curious
about what it looks like. Anyway, have a Panda release up now, working
through tips for the basics.

--
Sent from a Compaq CQ61 running Linux Mint Tessa
-