[HECnet] KLH-10 TOPS-10 DECnet Executor Configuration Persistence

Thomas DeBellis tommytimesharing at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:54:09 PDT 2020

You mean have something external sitting on the CTY, typing into it and
not bothering to determine where all this stuff goes in Tops-10?  Well,
that's certainly one way to skin that particular cat...

But I don't remember having to do much of anything to Tops-10 to get it
to come up except maybe type the date and time in case the PDP-11 didn't
happen to have it.  I forget about the KA and KI; I think they needed a
bootstrap toggled in, but this could be left in low core.

I don't think it would be a terrible idea to understand just a little
bit more to know what start up files to edit, but I certainly do
understand not wanting to be bothered with something.  If I remember any
more, I'll let you know.

The new SIMH port appears to allow for a slaved PDP-6, which I remember
seeing on the 9th floor (It was connected to the MIT AI KA-10).  I think
they only shared one moby.  The last I heard was that the KL sources to
ITS (MC) were lost.  Anyway, if the SIMH KL simulator allows multiple
CPU's, then you could run Tops-10 SMP, which really was a tour de
force.  Extremely cool.