[HECnet] KLH-10 TOPS-10 DECnet Executor Configuration Persistence

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Tue Mar 10 20:05:55 PDT 2020

On 3/10/20 10:54 PM, Thomas DeBellis wrote:
> I don't think it would be a terrible idea to understand just a little
> bit more to know what start up files to edit, but I certainly do
> understand not wanting to be bothered with something.  If I remember
> any more, I'll let you know.

Just temporarily - see the problem is if I don't "CHANGE" it comes up as
24.172 and I don't want to accidentally introduce a rogue node, so
expect will be a workaround for now. This also means 24.172 is
persistently pulled from somewhere, I'll dig deeper into the pointers
received in this thread to find the right place to change it at.

> The new SIMH port appears to allow for a slaved PDP-6, which I
> remember seeing on the 9th floor (It was connected to the MIT AI
> KA-10).  I think they only shared one moby.  The last I heard was that
> the KL sources to ITS (MC) were lost.  Anyway, if the SIMH KL
> simulator allows multiple CPU's, then you could run Tops-10 SMP, which
> really was a tour de force.  Extremely cool.

Wow. Yes - have to try it, definitely. Also I love the way it names its
interface "ETH-0" :)

--
Supratim Sanyal, W1XMT
39.19151 N, 77.23432 W