[HECnet] RSX or RSTS

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Mar 21 13:01:07 PDT 2020

On 3/21/20 3:57 PM, Robert Armstrong wrote:
>>  I think a lot of people don't have the discipline to do it
>> effectively, though.
>
>   For some people it's a radical new idea.  My wife works for a college and, although they've had some online classes for years, the idea of becoming entirely online is a big deal for them.  They have no clue how they're going to do it.

  I guess a lot of the tools and techniques for providing education are
very much tuned for in-person use, probably just due to how the evolved
from the village schoolhouse ages ago.  This will be a time of rapid
evolution of all such processes.

  It's interesting (as well as terrifying) to watch this happen.  I
don't think many people realize the degree to which this situation is
catalytic for what will be nothing short of a seismic shift in  how the
basic fabric of our society functions.

>   And we have another friend who works as a secretary for an investment broker, and she doesn't even have Internet at home.  Had to scramble to get Comcast to hook her up.  That's unusual, though...

  Wow, yeah.  It's 2020, after all.  Wow.