[HECnet] AXPBox

Supratim Sanyal supratim at riseup.net
Fri Nov 13 15:24:25 PST 2020

It crashes on starting DECnet Phase IV. I installed from VSI's
"ALPHA0842L1.ISO" and HPE's "OpenVMS_8.3_Alpha.iso". Same crash in
NETACP in both cases. Guess we will have to wait for this to get
resolved, unless this is a known issue for DECnet Phase IV on OpenVMS
Alpha 8.x.

**** OpenVMS Alpha Operating System V8.3     - BUGCHECK ****

** Bugcheck code = 00000215: MACHINECHK, Machine check while in kernel mode
** Crash CPU: 00000000    Primary CPU: 00000000    Node Name: AXPBOX
** Supported CPU count:   00000004
** Active CPUs:           00000000.00000001
** Current Process:       NETACP
** Current PSB ID:        00000001
** Image Name: AXPBOX$DQA0:[SYS0.SYSCOMMON.][SYSEXE]NETACP.EXE;1

**** Starting compressed selective memory dump at 13-NOV-2020 23:13...
** System space, key processes, and key global pages have been dumped.
** Now dumping remaining processes and global pages...
...Complete ****

halted CPU 0

- Supratim

--