[HECnet] integrity and alpha hardware

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Sat Sep 5 12:12:21 PDT 2020

If you can find a ZX6000 they are much quieter than the rackmount
equivalent. I had a nice example that I sold when I downsized the
collection. They draw power however, 400 ish Watts. With an ATI 7500 pci
graphics card you could use it as a desktop. I had ia64 Debian running on
it for a while too.

I'm stuck on Vax VMS, I have an alpha emulator but the richness of archive
software for the Vax always brings me back.

Mark.