[HECnet] DECnet/m+

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 09:58:26 PST 2021

I'm trying to build a DECnet/RSX system, and since I've never done anything like that I figured I'd try M+ as (right?) the easiest option.

Did a sysgen, that seemed to work ok.  Found a DECnet kit on Bitsavers, the 4.0 one marked "3errs", used that to do netgen.  That too seemed ok.

Now I'm trying "netins".  That fails mid-way and I have no clue why:

>@[5,1]netins
>* Do you want to install and load the CEX system? [Y/N]: y
>* Do you want to install and start DECnet? [Y/N]: n
>* On what device are the network tasks [D=DU0:] [S]:
>INS XX:[5,54]NTINIT
>INS XX:[5,54]NTL
>INS XX:[5,54]MLD
>INS XX:[5,54]EVC