[Santa Cruz Celtic Slow Sessions] 2nd Sunday Session Invite - Moderate Speed - November 9

Tane' Tachyon tachyon at tachyonlabs.com
Fri Nov 7 17:31:51 PST 2008

Céad míle fáilte (100 thousand welcomes)!
You're invited to the 2nd Sunday of the month Session, 7pm - 9pm on
November 9, Britannia Arms Pub, 8017 Soquel Dr., Aptos. This is a
slow/moderate/intermediate-speed session.

Etiquette guidelines:
1) Session starts promptly.
2) Going around in a circle, everyone has a turn to choose a tune and
   the tempo. Tunes are generally played at moderate speed, but players
   are willing to slow down if needed.
3) A single tune is played 3 times. In a set, each tune is played twice.
4) Talking beyond short chats or helpful comments please carry on out
   of the circle or after the session.
5) This is a place of business. Please purchase something, if only a
   coke. Come early and have some of the pub's tasty food.
6) In general, sheet music is not used at sessions (other than the 3rd
   Sunday Slow Session). This is the session you can use to wean
   yourself. Here's a website with tips on playing by ear:
   http://www.slowplayers.org/SCTLS/learn.html
   Of course, use your tuneset book if needed.

Directions from Santa Cruz: South on Hwy 1, take State Park exit,
turn left at light. At Soquel Dr., turn right. Go about a half mile.
Go under a bridge. Pub's immediately on the left. Parking is best
just past the pub on the left in general village parking.

Also, Ted passed on a message about Deby Benton Grosjean's
2nd-Friday-of-the-month (like tonight!) sessions. To excerpt from
Deby's message:

--
Tane' Tachyon = tachyon at tachyonlabs.com = http://www.tachyonlabs.com/