[Pollinator] Fwd: Melipona and soybean articles from the Yucatan Peninsula

ladadams at aol.com ladadams at aol.com
Fri Mar 7 07:08:34 PST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kevan <peponapis at GMAIL.COM>
To: ICPBR <ICPBR at LISTSERV.UOGUELPH.CA>
Sent: Fri, Mar 7, 2014 5:38 am
Subject: Fwd: Melipona and soybean articles from the Yucatan Peninsula

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rogel Villanueva Gutierrez <rvillanu at ecosur.mx>
Date: 5 March 2014 12:18

Dear friends:

I am sending you two articles we just published, one is about management and conservation of Melipona bees in the yucatán Peninsula.

The other article was written by  David Roubik, other colleagues and me  is about transgenic  soybean in the Yucatan Peninsula, this one was published in Scientific Reports  (one of Nature journals). Nowadays it is very important because our authorities are allowing to cultivate this year at least 14,000 hectares of this plant in this region of Mexico. In total Monsanto wants to cultivate 253,500 hectares of soybean in the whole country!

All the best,

Rogel Villanueva