[atariparty] Digital Game Museum's retro gaming event in Sunnyvale, Sun. July 29th

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jun 27 10:52:09 PDT 2012

The final details are being ironed out, but the Digital Game Museum
( http://digitalgamemuseum.org/ ) will be hosting an event at
Cogswell Polytechnical College in Sunnyvale on Sunday, July 29th[1],
likely from 12pm-5pm (with ~2hr setup prior, and ~1hr takedown after).

Judith from DGM reached out to me many months ago to see if I could do
"an Atari Party" for them, since Atari was founded in Sunnyvale,
Atari turns 40 this year (TODAY, in fact!), and Sunnyvale is celebrating
its centennial this year.

I've offered to bring not just my Ataris, but every classic-ish system
I have [2].  They'll have some snacks and give-aways, and possibly one or
more guest speakers.

They'll be supplying some additional TVs/monitors (I don't have enough
to hook up all of my systems at once), as well as some computers and
possibly some other classic systems.

Other folks are welcome to join on as volunteer system-bringers, as
long as they're space.  (It'd be helpful if you brought your own display(s)!)

Since they won't be letting just anyone into the facility during
set-up, they'll want to know who you are and what you plan to bring.
Email me privately and I can put you in touch with Judith @ DGM to
coordinate.

Also, they only have eight 8-foot tables, and I have one 6?-foot
folding table I may be able to bring.  If you can supply tables,
that'd be helpful!  (Otherwise, they may end up renting some.)

Thanks!

-bill!

[1] Yes, that's the same weekend as California Extreme in Santa Clara.
    This may be beneficial to out-of-towners who want to go to both
    (CAX on Saturday, DGM's event on Sunday).  This may be an annoying
    conflict to Silicon Valley folks.  Sorry!

[2] Atari 2600, 7800, Lynx, Jaguar, 800XL, 1200XL,
    Nintendo NES, GBA,
    Sega Genesis, Dreamcast

--
-bill!