[atariparty] ATARI Party

Bruce Newland bnewland at gmail.com
Wed May 15 09:37:49 PDT 2013

>     Welcome!  Out of curiosity, how did you learn about it?

I first heard of the group in a meetup.com notice. I belong to the hacker
lab in Sac, along with a few other meetup groups.

>     Great!  I might, in fact! :)  Waiting to hear if a Davis friend can
drag
>     me around in her minivan.  I think I'll make you my Plan B.  (Every
one else
>     who has offered is from 100-500 miles away :) )

I am good with being a plan B. I don't mind "veering" a bit on the way to
Davis, or having people stop in Colusa and ride-sharing. (If you are from
further north, or east, or west, too far.)
Just let me know the plan!

>     I would love to have you look at my SIO2PC and maybe also my 2600. :)

Is the SIO2PC through USB, arduino, serial? Can you bring a schemetic also?
I will count on bringing my Hakko FX-951 and some extra components and
gear. I think I have a few extra DB9 as well. Bring whatever you need
looked over. I'd be happy to lend a second set of eyes. I have a tube of
empty sockets too. As a guideline rule, I dont like to solder on chips
themselves. I prefer to use sockets. Unless it is already done, then maybe
just a little reflow ;).

Bruce