[atariparty] Caravan from Davis on Friday?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat May 17 14:49:09 PDT 2014

Davis/Sacramento folks...

I've got a sedan, which needs to carry two adults and two kids in carseats,
meaning I don't actually have enough space for all of my Atari gear & TVs.
(Thanks to the folks in the area who have helped me in the past to get
my gear moved around when the show was held in Davis, BTW!)

I've been looking at a number of solutions to getting my family and me,
_and_ my stuff, down to Sunnyvale by the evening of Friday June 13th,
for set-up, and back home the morning of Sunday June 15th (since we'd
like to not have to rush back home from Sunnyvale the same day as the show).

I could get a hitch attached to my car and rent a trailer.
Or I could take a different vehicle; I could rent something (say, a minivan),
or borrow something from a friend -- I've had two people offer to let me
borrow their vehicles.  In the end, though, I'd rather have a spare
vehicle for my wife & kids, and to avoid moving carseats around (hate that!)

The most convenient solution for me would be similar to the help I've gotten
for Davis shows, or what the folks from DGM did for me when I helped them
put together their Atari Party at Cogswell in Sunnyvale 2 years ago...
have someone else take the bulk of my gear down. :)

I realize this would mean missing a chunk of work on the Friday, and not
getting home until Sunday (unless you want to leave Sat. night and
just leave my stuff in your car overnight back in Davis/Sac area, then drop
it off on Sunday, when my family and I get back to town).  However, there's
a little bit of a budget for this event, from the public library, which could
be used for lodging in Sunnyvale and gas money for transportation.

Is anyone out here already planning to come down Friday, and have the
space and the willingness to take a bunch of my gear (mostly it's the TVs
and larger boxes of stuff) and caravan down to Sunnyvale?

Thanks in advance!

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer