[atariparty] Atari Party 2014 set-up

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jun 6 14:04:48 PDT 2014

(For those who already got a message similar to this privately, I apologize.
I'm sending this out to this, the coordination mailing list, in case anyone
else decides to show up and exhibit their gear 'at the last minute'.)

I wanted to make sure everyone had a few key pieces of info.:

 * If you need my (Bill Kendrick's) cellphone number, email me
   privately and I'll give it to you.

 * Other main contacts coordinating the show:
   * Rachel Collier, librarian at the Sunnyvale public library
   * Judith Haemmerle, executive directory of Digital Game Museum (DGM)

 * Library location/etc.:

   Sunnyvale Public Library
   665 W. Olive Ave.
   Sunnyvale, CA 94086

   http://sunnyvalelibrary.org/
   (408) 730-7300

   I also posted some maps, directions, and public transit info here:
   http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2014/venue/

 * For people coming to set things up Friday evening (the majority of us),
   the library closes at 6pm, but we've been allowed to come in and
   set up our gear between 6pm and 9pm.

 * For everyone, especially the folks who can't come on Friday, and
   who will be setting their gear up on Saturday morning, the library
   opens at 10am, and that's when the Party begins.  So please be prompt!

 * Judith at DGM has said that they can probably grab pizza and drinks,
   so that none of us need to leave the show for a lunch break.
   Of course, if you DO have to leave for any reason, be sure to find
   someone who can tend your gear.  There should be some volunteers from
   DGM, as well as the library (if I recall correctly) who can help.
   Of course, they may not know too much about your specific gear, so
   you might need to give them a little demonstration before you leave. :)

 * The show runs until 4pm, and the library closes at 6pm.
   We've been allowed to stay until 7pm to break everythign down and clear
   the library.

 * Everyone (except Mark, who's bringing some arcade systems, and
   DGM, who are bringing some historical displays) will be setting up
   their games in the "Program Room" (immediately to the right, when
   you enter the library).

 * Rachel at the library has described the room as:
   34' x 54', or approx. 1,700sqft of usable space.
   (For those who have attended Atari Party at the library in Davis,
   Sunnyvale's space is about 300sqft larger)

 * The room comes with 8 large (10' x 2.5') and 4 small (4' x 2') tables.
   An additional 20 medium (5' x 3.5') tables can be brought in.
   (I'm guessing they'd appreciate our help moving them, if we need them.)

 * Bring extra power strips if you can!  But don't daisy-chain them,
   it's a fire-hazard!

 * Avoid exhibiting pirated software.  There's plenty of Public Domain
   and Shareware out there, and since we have MANY more game carts/discs/etc.
   than actual game systems, we can split the games up between systems to
   keep them occupied.  (Please keep track of what's yours, and what's
   someone else's!  And of course, make sure to ask the owner before
   moving any of their stuff!)

Thanks, and I hope to see some of you on Saturday!

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer