[atariparty] Flyers & announcements!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 1 14:54:39 PDT 2016

I hit up a bunch of Atari-related podcasts that I listen to, with
a little audio submission telling their listeners about the Atari Party.
Most have played them at least once, a few have played them every episode
since I sent it in!  Big thanks to them: Ferg of 2600 Game by Game podcast,
Phil of the 7800 GBG, Wade of Inverse ATASCII, Rob of Player/Missile,
Bill of Atari BYTEs, and all the rest.

Also, Ferg, "the podfather", who seems to be at the beginnings of these
'game by game' podcasts (including the Atari XEGS one, of which I'm
a co-host) recently interviewed me.  We talked abotu a ton of things,
but also mentioned the Atari Party (that was kind of the excuse for the
interview).  That should be online in a week or so, once he returns from
vacation.

Atari Party is mentioned in this month's The Davis Dirty, the little
newsprint calendar you'll see in many venues around town.  I also sent
announcements about it to tons of other local papers & media.  Hopefully
some others will bite.

Tim Thatcher and I have been posting flyers around Davis, as well.
(I got downtown mostly covered, and re-covered, over the past month,
and he's mostly focusing on the outer areas.)  Big thanks to him for
helping!  Also to Briana Aea, of Sac IGDA & Sac Indie Arcade, who
offered to post some flyers for me around Sacramento (hopefully she
had some success! :) )

And finally, I've been keeping active on Facebook & Twitter, and
so far the event on Facebook has 261 invited, 73 going, and 30 maybes.
Maybe folks here can help spread the word by sharing the event
(and of course join it "Going" or "Interested", if you haven't
already!?)

https://www.facebook.com/events/1069851796370777/

Thanks, all!  See you in 29 days!

--