[atariparty] Folks near Davis: hardware clean-n-fix party?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Jul 2 13:03:45 PDT 2016

Hey all!  I'm not at all hardware inclined.  So far, I've used a soldering
iron once (my son's friend's dad is trying to put together a robotics club,
so I got to do a practice run one time. :) )

I've got a number of joysticks that need love, or perhaps are destined to
become spare parts or e-waste.  My main 2600 VCS seems like it might have
a finnicky controller port, as well (if it seems too troublesome, I may
leave it at home, since there'll be 5 or 6 other 2600 systems
and 3 or 4 7800s).  I'm sure my paddles and Trak-ball need cleaning yet again,
too. :)

Marlin, up in Woodland, showed interest in helping me with these kind of
things, so I'm wondering if anyone else out here would like to hang out
(um, in my garage, I guess? or where?) to tune up people's equipment...?

Let me know if there's interest!

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer