[atariparty] Atari Party "Extra Life" children's hospital fundraising team

nbs nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jul 14 23:37:57 PDT 2016

Michelle Thompson from UC Davis Children's Hospital in Sacramento,
who was at the Sac Indie Arcade this year (next to the mini-Atari Party),
together with Briana Aea (who helps run Sac IGDA and put together Indie Arcade)
suggested we assemble an "Atari Party" team on Extra Life.

What's Extra Life?  It's a 24 hour gaming marathon to support
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals -- a non-profit organization that
raises funds and awareness for 170 children's hospitals across the
U.S. and Canada.  Extra Life started in 2008, and has so far raised $14M!

Many people play video games during their marathon, but it's not restricted
to that -- it can be board/card games, HORSE (the playground basketball game),
etc.  And while Game Day is November 5th, you're not _required_ to do your
gaming on that day.  You also don't need to do it 24 hours _straight_,
though many folk apparently do!  <8^o

So, my fellow Atari Party volunteers past & present, I'm inviting you to
sign up for Extra Life and join the Atari Party team!

  http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=register.start&eventID=529&teamID=29172

And here's a handy link to the team page:

  http://www.extra-life.org/team/atariparty

Once you sign up, ask your family and friends to donate to your fundraising.
(To be frank, I think playing video games to raise money makes about as much
sense as going on a walk or a run to raise money! ;^) )

Thanks in advance!

PS - I've also posted info about Extra Life on the Atari Party 2016 webpage,
which I'll soon be spreading the word about:
http://newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2016/extralife/

-bill!

(Your address: atariparty at lists.sonic.net )