[atariparty] Atari Party 2016: what everyone's bringing & sharing, and who's helping

nbs nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 22 13:29:10 PDT 2016

Hi all!  Based on the latest I've got listed over on the Volunteer
page of the website (http://newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2016/volunteer/)
below is a list of what I've been told everyone is bringing.

Please look over this list, look for your name, and send me any
corrections/updates/additions/removals:

EXHIBITING:
===========
 * Andy O'Brien
   + Atari 800 w/ incognito + CRT
   + Atari 130XE + CRT
   + Atari STe + LCD
   + PC + 46" TV
   + Atari Jaguar (maybe, as backup)

 * Bill Demian
   + Atari 2600 + TV
   + Atari 2600 + TV (maybe, as a spare)
   + Atari Stunt Cycle + TV
   + Fiber optic Atari sign

 * Bill Kendrick
   + Atari 2600 + TV (if it can be repaired)
   + Atari 7800 + TV
   + Atari Flashback 2 + CRT
   + Atari 800XL w/ PAL + CRT
   + Atari 1200XL + CRT
   + Atari Lynx
   + Atari Lynx w/ VGA out + LCD
   + Atari Jaguar w/ CD + projector
   + Paddle TV Games -- using Michael Whipp's C=1804 monitor
   + Nintendo NES -- using John Demian's 13" Panasonic
   + Nintendo GBA SP (x2)
   + Sega Genesis -- using Chris Alaimo's C=1702
   + Sony PSX -- using Marlin Bates' monitor
   + Sony PS2 + TV

 * Chris Alaimo
   + Apple II + monitor
   + Sega Genesis game carts
   + C=1702 monitor -- used by Bill's Sega Genesis

 * Dan DeVriend
   + Atari 5200 + TV
   + Atari 5200 + TV (maybe)
   + Atari 7800 + TV (maybe)

 * Dan Kramer
   + Atari 5200 -- bringing own display???
   + Sony PS2 + Reflex trackball -- bringing own display???

 * John Demian
   + Atari Video Music + TV
   + Atari Super Pong + TV
   + Sears Telegames (Atari 2600) + TV
   + Atari 7800 + TV
   + Atari Touch Me
   + 5" Sony TV (novelty)
   + 13" Panasonic CT-13R38SG -- used by Bill's NES
   + 19" Insignia NS-LCD19W-09 -- used by Mariano DM's RetroPie
   + 10" Sansui TVM9180 -- unassigned spare
   + 10" Magnavox Perfect View -- unassigned spare

 * Mark Birshing
   + Centipede arcade cabinet

 * Mariano DM  [arriving 1pm]
   + RetroPie w/ controllers -- using John's 19" Insignia monitor

 * Marlin Bates
   + Atari 8-bit (souped-up) + monitor
   + Atari Jaguar + TV
   + Atari Lynx w/ VGA + LCD
   + Atari Portfolio
   + Composite/VGA/HDMI monitor -- used by Bill's Sony PSX

 * Michael Whipp
   + Atari 7800 + TV
   + Composite monitor -- used by Bill's Paddle TV Games

 * Molly Patton
   + Atari 2600 + TV
   + Atari Lynx
   + Sony PSX + TV
   + Sega Genesis + TV

 * Trevor Rose
   + PC + monitor (for Gauntlet) (maybe)
   + Namco Plug & Play + TV + Framemeister
   + Nintendo NES + TV
   + 40" 16:9 display (maybe) -- unassigned spare
   + 20" 4:3 dual DVI display (maybe) -- unassigned spare
   + 15" 4:3 VGA display (maybe) -- unassigned spare

So, assuming Dan Kramer is bringing displays for his 5200 & PS2,
we are officially not wanting for monitors!  In fact, it looks
up to 5 spares of various capabilities may be coming
(not counting John's little color 5", coming as a novelty).

I notice I still have a few people's gear down as 'maybe'.
At this rate, we have so much _confirmed_ coming (42 systems),
that the half dozen 'maybes' don't concern me.  So don't
feel pressured to make up your mind -- but if you do, feel
free to reach out, and I'll update the list on the website.

Finally, if you're NOT on the list above, then I don't know
that you're coming & bringing gear.  Please let me know ASAP
if you'd like to, so I can make sure we make room for you
when we start setting up next Saturday morning!
(As nice as it'd be to have even more stuff coming, it'd suck
to not have anywhere to hook it up!)

HELPING AT THE SHOW:
====================
 * Bob Woolley