[atariparty] Crud, 8-bit video

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jul 26 17:15:21 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 11:40:27AM -0700, Andy O'Brien wrote:
> I may need an 8-bit monitor cord, anyone got an extra? I'm bringing 2
> 8-bits and I can't find my second monitor cord. I ordered one online, but
> it may not make it in time for the party.

I've only got the two.  Aside from you and me, Marlin B. and Dan Kramer
are bringing 8-bits, and Nir Dary will be there (from Israel!) with some
gear, as will Bob Woolley (but no gear).  So, hopefully, between us we
either can find a way to hook you up, or we can just decide it's fine
that one fewer 8-bit is hooked up.  (As it is, we'll have 5 or 6!)

> In other news my 800 is having color problems. It happened suddenly, Going
> to open it tonight and see what I can find.

Any luck?

<snip>
> ???Argh, can't wait to see you guys this weekend. Friday night, will be
> somewhere around town for dinner, will post check-ins on Facebook Event
> page.???

I'm thinking Dos Coyotes for dinner, since my wife can find something
to eat there, it's kid-friendly and my kids like it, and it's spacious
with indoor & outdoor seating.

I'm gearing towards the one in south Davis, on Cowell Blvd, in the
Oakshade Town Center shopping center (near Office Max). [*]

Google Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dos+Coyotes/@38.5410319,-121.7258168,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x808529640ef67d75:0xd678c2e8a8ed5a7!8m2!3d38.5410319!4d-121.7236281

Note: If you travel on E street, south of 1st and under the
train tracks in downtown, it becomes Richards.  Keep going on that
over the I-80 overpass and it becomes Cowell.  The shopping
center is on the left, just before the Pole Line Road intersection.
(You can also turn into it from Pole Line, either direction.)

I'm thinking 6pm or so (my family's dinner time -- gotta keep
the kids from rampaging ;) )

-bill!

[*] Amazing possibility for confusion!  Both Dos Coyoteses in Davis
    are in shopping centers with a Safeway and a pet food store!
    One is on Cowell, the other on Covel.  They are basically
    opposite corners of town!

--
-bill!
Sent from my computer